The Razer Blade 14-inch QHD+ touchscreen gaming laptop is a powerful and ultra-thin computer that is very beautiful and pleasant to touch. The finish and quality of the Razer Blade 14-inch QHD+ touchscreen gaming laptop is impeccable. The laptop has a stunning look with a chassis made of smooth black aluminum.
It features a nicely designed QWERTY keyboard with good back-lights. The track pad is accurate and responsive. This laptop boasts of a GPU GeForce GTX 970M series co-processor by Nvidia. This advanced processor has a virtual RAM of 3GB which is responsible for the PC’s lightning-quick performance as well as its much-enhanced power management. This machine will conveniently run any demanding game easily at a native resolution of 1600 × 900 pixels.
Hence, with the Razer Blade QHD+ touchscreen gaming laptop, all of your best computer games will run much faster with zero lag even at ultra-settings.
The touchscreen display has an awesome maximum resolution of 3200 x 1800 pixels. However, one major downside to a resolution of this magnitude is that some apps are too small to display properly as they are not well-adapted to this resolution. The same thing applies to some games because they are a bit difficult to play at this resolution, hence the native screen resolution needs to be lowered accordingly. A resolution of 1920 x 1080 seems to work just right for many of the games I tested.
For the processor, this laptop sports an Intel Core i7-4702 HQ processor with a frequency of 2.6 GHz and a turbo frequency of up to 3.6 GHz. This is coupled with its 16 GB of RAM with a clock speed of 1600 MHz.
The computer unit has different connectors ranging from USB ports to HDMI output jack. The computer is fitted with green anti-ghosting keyboard with adjustable back-light settings and 10 adaptive tactile keys.
- Name of Brand– Razer Blade
- Model number – RZ09-01301E21-R3U1
- Operating System Installed – Windows 8.1
- Product Weight (pounds) – 4.5
- Product Dimensions – 0.7 x 9.30 x 13.60 inches
- Processor – Intel Core i7-4720HQ (2.6 GHz)
- Size of RAM – 16 GB DDR3L SDRAM
- Graphics Co-processor – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M
- Size of Graphics Card Ram– 3 GB
- Wireless Technology Type- 802.11a / b / g / n / ac + Bluetooth 4.0
- Number of USB Ports – 3
- Screen Size – 14 inches
- Maximum Screen Resolution – 3200 x 1800 pixels
- The screen resolution is quite impressive at 3200 x 1800 pixels
- The finishing of the PC is very good and durable
- It is light in weight which aids portability
- It comes with the all-powerful Nvidia GeForce GTX 970M graphics card which confers great speed and solid performance when in use
- This PC is rather expensive, even for a gaming laptop as its selling price is usually over $2,100
- The battery of this computer does not last very long which is disappointing for a computer of this price
- The cooling system of this PC is a little suspect as the computer unit gets heated up rather quickly
- The functionality of some applications is hampered by the screen’s resolution which compels the user to adjust it appropriately
- The audio output from the integrated speakers is not very loud
Conclusively, I would say that the new Razer Blade is suitable for gamers looking for something portable and yet powerful enough to play resource-intensive games at high resolutions.
However, it must be stated here that, although there are cheaper computers of similar configuration, few of them are more powerful than the Razer Blade 14-inch QHD+ touchscreen gaming laptop.