Just purchased a Toyia MSRM US302 300Mbps Wi-Fi Range Extender device and need a quick overview on how to set it up? Below we will help step by step on how to get your extended WiFi service up and running and eliminate those dead-zones in your home or office.
Setting Up Your MSRM US302 Wi-Fi Range Extender
- Before purchasing and setting up the MSRM Wi-Fi Extender, make sure to have an active internet connection with an existing Wireless Router in your home. This means that you already have working Wi-Fi in some part of your home or office.
- Find a weak-spot or a dead-zone that has a weak signal. If the spot you choose has NO signal at all then installing the extender becomes useless.
- Plug-in the extender in a electrical wall outlet, now using a wireless device such as your mobile phone, laptop, tablet, etc. goto your Wi-Fi selection screen and select MSRM to connect.
- Open any working web browser and type in 192.168.10.1 in the address field. An admin page will open. Type in the following credentials to access the dashboard. Username: admin / Password: admin (Everything is lowercase)
- Click “Repeater” mode.
- Select the existing SSID (name) of your existing Wi-Fi network from your own wireless router that you are looking to extend.
- Now you have two choices, in the fields below, you can either create a new Wi-Fi network name, or use your existing routers SSID name and same Password. The latter is recommended because you don’t want to have to establish a new connection with existing devices in your home or office.
- In the Repeater SSID field, type in your existing Wi-Fi network name and the same Password. If you want to create a new network name, type a different name only (password has to remain the same as your router).
- After you hit Connect and settings become successfully saved, it’s time to connect to your Extended WiFi network.
You should now be all set with your extended Wi-Fi network. You should be fine with one extender device, but if your home or office is huge and their are more dead-zones, you can purchase additional extenders to expand Wi-Fi coverage.
If you are new to this device, you can read customer testimonials for the MSRM US302 300Mbps Wi-Fi Range Extender and see if it’s the right fit for you. Be sure to also check out the review for the newer model called the MSRM US754 WiFi Range Extender. This new signal booster not only moves data at a whopping 1200Mbps, but is more improved over the US302 model. Take your existing Wi-Fi coverage to the next level.
Any questions, feel free to leave comments below. Hope this guide helps you.