Here is a guide for setting up your NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1750 Smart Dual Band WiFi Router. If you have experience with setting up any other traditional router, following this guide will be simple. The instruction listed below are also easy to follow for those who are setting up their WiFi network for the first time.
Setting Up Your AC1750 Smart Dual Band WiFi Router
- Before setting up your WiFi Router, make sure that you have an existing internet connection from a Modem. (A modem is what your Internet Service Provider or Cable Company provided you when you purchased a internet service package.)
- If you haven’t already, unpackage the router and it’s accessories. You should have the Router, a yellow Ethernet Cable, and a Power adapter.
- For the best WiFi performance, position both the left and right Antennas 45 degrees away from the center.
- Turn off your Cable Modem and make sure your WiFi Router is not connected to a power source. In the back of your WiFi Router, their is a yellow port called “Internet”, take the yellow Ethernet Cable and plug it there.
- Take the other end of the yellow Ethernet Cable and plug it into the Ethernet Port of your Cable Modem.
- Connect the power source for your Cable Modem and your WiFi Router. Turn on both devices. (You will know when the router is on and ready when the Power LED lights are amber and then turns white.)
- On the router device their should be a label that contains the preassigned WiFi login credentials (Username and Password). Open any working browser from a WiFi enabled device (Mobile Device, Tablet, etc.) and select your WiFi network.
- After connecting to your WiFi network, open any web browser, type a web address (google.com, etc.) and see if you have internet access. You now should be all set.
Usually before successfully connecting to the router, an installation assistant displays in your web browser. You can visit www.routerlogin.net to connect directly into your WiFi routers admin panel. Use the following credentials to login (case-sensitive): username: admin / password: password.
The admin panel allows you to access all of the routers features such as port forwarding, optimizing internet speeds for video streaming (Netflix, Youtube, etc.) and video gaming (Xbox, PS4, etc.). Other great features available from the Router are using the device as a media hub by connecting any external USB Storage Device. You can block internet access with a Keyword Filter to prevent children from looking at the wrong websites. VPN (Virtual Private Network), have your own private network where you can access your personal files from all over the world or host your own Website.
If you haven’t purchase the NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1750 Smart Dual Band WiFi Router (R6700), now it’s the time. This is a device that will future proof you for the new emerging technologies that become available.