You may encounter this error when trying to open a program in Windows 10. This happens because either the DLL file on your computer in missing, corrupted or out-of-date.
These are the errors you will typically see:
- The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found
- The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found.
To fix this problem, follow the steps below:
- In your windows search, type in “Add Remove”, then open “Add or Remove Programs”.
Alternatively, you can goto Control Panel -> Programs and Features.
- Under the list of programs, search for 2015 and 2017 version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables. The uninstall them.
- Click Here to goto Microsofts Official Website to download and install the latest versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables.
- After your installation is complete, restart your computer.
- Attempt to open the program you were having a problem with and find out that now it’s working.