You exported an CSV file, then opened it up in Microsoft Excel, only to find out that all of the data/content is squeezed together. What you were looking to see is all of the data organized in separate columns (tabs).
To successfully put your data into separate columns, follow the steps below:
- Open Microsoft Excel (Blank Page).
- At the top navigation, click on the “Data” tab.
- Click on the icon or option called “From Text”.
- Select “Delimited” then click next.
- If your Data is separated by commas, select “Comma”.
- Click Finish.
- If an Import Data prompt window shows up, click on “Ok”.
- You are all set!
Have a questions? Feel free to sound off in the comment section below.