Just purchased a Toyia MSRM US302 300Mbps Wi-Fi Range Extender device and need a quick overview on how to set it up? Below we will help step by step on how to get your extended WiFi service up and running and eliminate those dead-zones in your home or office.
Setting Up Your MSRM US302 Wi-Fi Range Extender
- Before purchasing and setting up the MSRM Wi-Fi Extender, make sure to have an active internet connection with an existing Wireless Router in your home. This means that you already have working Wi-Fi in some part of your home or office.
- Find a weak-spot or a dead-zone that has a weak signal. If the spot you choose has NO signal at all then installing the extender becomes useless.
- Plug-in the extender in a electrical wall outlet, now using a wireless device such as your mobile phone, laptop, tablet, etc. goto your Wi-Fi selection screen and select MSRM to connect.
- Open any working web browser and type in 192.168.10.1 in the address field. An admin page will open. Type in the following credentials to access the dashboard. Username: admin / Password: admin (Everything is lowercase)
- Click “Repeater” mode.
- Select the existing SSID (name) of your existing Wi-Fi network from your own wireless router that you are looking to extend.
- Now you have two choices, in the fields below, you can either create a new Wi-Fi network name, or use your existing routers SSID name and same Password. The latter is recommended because you don’t want to have to establish a new connection with existing devices in your home or office.
- In the Repeater SSID field, type in your existing Wi-Fi network name and the same password. If you want to create a new network, type a different name.
- After you hit Connect and settings become successfully saved, it’s time to connect to your Extended WiFi network.
You should now be all set with your extended Wi-Fi network. You should be fine with one extender device, but if your home or office is huge and their are more dead-zones, you can purchase additional extenders to expand Wi-Fi coverage. If you are new to this device, you can read a full review for the MSRM US302 300Mbps Wi-Fi Range Extender and see if it’s the right fit for you. Any questions, feel free to leave comments below. Hope this guide helps you.