Without a doubt, the Amazon Fire tablet PC will be one of the best-selling products in the Android tablet market.
It is incredibly thin, with a light design and a display screen with stunning high definition of more than 1 million pixels. Sporting an integrated microphone and stereo speakers, the Fire tablet has an internal memory of 8 GB and an expandable memory (via microSD) of up to 128 GB.
The Amazon Fire, with its dual-core processor, weighs an estimated 400 grams which makes it lighter than the iPad. This tablet has an IPS display, with a pleasantly low viewing-angle dependence. The display is 7 inches and the screen is both multi-touch and scratch proof.
The new Fire tablet is durable and the back of the tablet is made of brushed plastic. This 4-inch thick and 11-ounce product rests comfortably on the hand. The power and volume buttons positioned on top of the device are also made of plastic. The microUSB port is also situated at the top of the unit.
The Kindle Fire is more of an actual tablet than a digital book reader as it affords the user access to multiple multimedia content instead of just e-books. With this device, users will be able to surf the Internet and enjoy music and movies without having to download the content (in streaming). The Kindle Fire tablet provides access to over 38 million songs, movies, e-books and other multimedia content from the catalog in its virtual library. Just in case you are concerned about the storage space you will need to save all the great content you will be downloading from the Amazon Underground or Amazon Video, you will receive free and unlimited cloud storage for all the Amazon content that you download.
The tablet PC is powered by a quad-core processor with 1.3 Gigahertz clock speed and a random memory of 1 gigabyte which make smooth playback of movies and TV shows possible. Resource-intensive games also run well on this device.
It’s user interface has been revamped, with dozens of new features added to it which make it easier to navigate between apps and other content.
Amazon’s operating system Fire OS 5 comes pre-installed on this tablet. One of the many new features of this OS is the “Bellini” feature which comes into play when using the device in the night-time. This feature spontaneously adjusts the back-light on the tablet to achieve the most suitable reading conditions for the user with minimal eye strain.
Another uncommon feature in this product is the very impressive Amazon Underground app store. This app store gives every Fire tablet owner access to over $20,000 worth of games and apps from the best game developers at no cost whatsoever.
The new Amazon Kindle Fire tablet has two cameras, a principal rear-facing 2 megapixel camera which is capable of recording in full HD and another front-facing of 1 megapixel.
- Display Size – 7 inches
- Screen Resolution – 1024 x 600 pixels
- IPS Technology – Yes
- Product Size – 7.5 x 4.5 x 0.4 inches
- Product Weight – 11.0 oz.
- Colours – Black
- CPU – 1.3 GHz Quad-Core CPU
- RAM Size – 1 GB of RAM
- Memory Capacity – 8 GB (expandable with microSD card of up to 128 GB)
- Display Type – TFT capacitive touchscreen with IPS (16M colours)
- Battery Life – Up to 7 hours
- Wi-Fi Connectivity – Yes (Single-antenna Wi-Fi connectivity)
- Connection Ports – USB 2.0
- Audio Connection Port – 3.5 mm stereo jack and internal speaker
- Camera Type – Front-facing VGA camera; 2 MP rear-facing HD camera
- Messaging Formats Supported – RSS, IM, SMS, MMS, Email, Push Email
- Connectivity – Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n, USB 2.0
- Other Features – Video player MP4 / VP8, audio player MP3 / WAV / AAC / OGG / MIDI, Photo editor / video
- The Fire tablet is very affordable
- It gives users access to free content from Amazon Underground, Prime Video and tonnes of other multimedia content
- It has a decent battery life
- It runs with an updated version of Fire OS “Bellini”
- It is not compatible with some popular apps
The Fire tablet from Amazon is a top-quality product despite its relatively low price. While it can be argued that this product is targeted mostly at Amazon Prime customers, it is still a product worth having, especially since it comes at such an attractive price.